updates 1.40, truck and trailers

BREAKING NEWS
  • Welcome to the site RTA Mods! You can use paypal to support the team - tech.supp.rta.mods@gmail.com
  • Author
    room217au
    Participant

Change about a half dozen lines in the def files, and the RTA sound pack isn’t required.

Explore_Transport
      Participant

How did you find that out @room217au?

room217au
        Participant

I’ve always done this. For years now. Always use Kriechbaum’s sound packs, without exception, on all trucks.
          Since inception of FMOD, it’s a lot easier.

PvtStash
          Participant

Same, wouldn’t use any other sounds for trucks. Like room217au said, it’s only a few def files and it all works fine. Easy enough to figure out, find a working sound pack and examine the files. Then replicate that with the sounds you want to use. I run most mods as open folders in the game, makes it easier for editing etc and then you also don’t have to worry about compression on your sound files.

room217au
            Participant

@PvtStash
              Did some recon into the T908 windscreen thing. Blender 2.92 ‘seems’ to have changed the interface somewhat, where any piece in Edit Mode offers the setting of ‘multiplying’ the vertex colours. I thought this might’ve been it but no.
              The T609 is doing the same thing BUT remembering they share an interior 🙂
              Might be a clue there.

PvtStash
              Participant

Thanks for the info, makes sense the 609 would do the same. It’s basically a 908 with a different bonnet. Will have to look into this some more, curious now as to why it’s doing it. Has to be something 1.40 related as I haven’t had this issue before myself but could be many things I guess causing it. Might try messing around with some of the in-game settings and see if there is any effect. Anyhow hopefully someone will figure it out, my skills are fairly basic but I’ll have a go. 🙂

room217au
                Participant

I think the first step is compare the glass material values in the K200 against the T908.
                  I been crook as a dog since wednesday but I’ll see if I can take a look over the weekend.

room217au
                  Participant

Just compared ATS T908 to ETS2 T908 and the ‘smoky’ windscreen is not present in ETS2 version.

PvtStash
                    Participant

Ok cool, that’s something to start with. Had a bit of a look at a few things but the only thing that made any real difference was reducing the reflection detail and scaling in game. Made everything shiny look like crap but it does seem like it’s a reflection thing. So I guess the next step is do some comparing between ets2/ats and see what scs has done differently between the two titles. Also sorry to hear your not feeling the best, hope you get better soon.

room217au
                      Participant

Did some more investigating.
                        Attached screenshots of glass settings for ETS2 T908. They differ from the ATS T908.
                        I couldn’t get the appearance to change when editing ATS truck to match ETS2 truck.
                        The ETS2 truck uses “material\environment\soft_reflection.tobj” on the ETS2 truck, but “supersoft_reflection on the ATS truck.
                        Not sure why. Even more not sure if that’s the culprit LOL

Attachments:
                        You must be logged in to view attached files.
                        room217au
                        Participant

Well, I can’t fix it. I wait till RTA figures it out 🙂

PvtStash
                          Participant

Same, tried a bunch of stuff and got nowhere really. PITA as it makes the truck pretty much undriveable in ATS, lucky the rest still work fine so got something to drive while we wait. 🙂

room217au
                            Participant

Seeing as how I’m over the food poisoning (thanks for the good vibes) I reckon today I will take the ETS2 T908 interior and drop it in the ATS version.
                              Can’t hurt, right?

room217au
                              Participant

Didn’t change interior over. Simply reset vcol value for entire windshield to 0.5 via Vertex Paint in Blender.
                                That turned out to be too bright, like being on the surafce of the sun, bright.
                                Dropped vcol to 0.35 and reduced the Tint value in the glass material to 0.6
                                and..
                                tada!!

Attachments:
                                PvtStash
                                Participant

Bloody legend, good job mate and glad to hear your feeling better. I’ll have to try and remember how to use Blender for that, I normally only use it for AO baking. Spent ages messing about with stuff on the 908 and finally got my old TSA flat decks updated  with my own custom led flares etc. Stoked. 🙂

Attachments:
                                Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.