Update process time

BREAKING NEWS
  • Welcome to the site RTA Mods! You can use paypal to support the team - tech.supp.rta.mods@gmail.com
  • Author
    little_ghost
    Participant

I’ve looked around but could not find the answer.
      I was wondering what the average process time is when requesting an update,
      seeing that it’s not clear whether this is still a manual action in the back-end or if it is automated.

Administrator
      Keymaster

Hello
        The update cannot work in automatic mode. All files are individual for each client.
        We try to send within 1 day after the request. If the button is green, please check your mega

room217au
        Participant

Timing is critical for updates.
          I noticed I got a bunch of trailers in my MEGA folder recently. I did click the update button and it did turn green and the trailers were in my folder..
          but they’re for 1.39 so they’ll be out of date in a very short time.

Administrator
          Keymaster

5 days ago, a copy of the letter was sent to you
            all trailers were updated on the 3rd day after the release of update 1.39
            follow your mega. We do not send letters to VIP clients about adding updates to the mega folder
            You have a 1.40 mega folder, when the update is ready, we will just add the files to your 1.40 folder
            if you clicked the refresh button and it turns green, check your folders

room217au
            Participant

What I meant was with all of the models that you have, it takes a considerablke length of time to complete them all. The way SCS is going lately, you won’t have time to update all the models to v1.XX because 1.YY will be available
              🙂

Administrator
              Keymaster

90% of our customers do not update the game during beta testing. Many check the beta out of curiosity and return to the stable version.
                I was surprised when I found out that about 20% of users still play version 1.35-1.37 and we made a special update for them with new details for all trucks from game 1.39 to game 1.35-1.37

We have enough people on the team to make an update in 3-5 days for all trucks.

room217au
                Participant

For me, when it comes to betas, I always update (after backing up Docs folder of course) to see what’s new.
                  If it makes my trucks unusable, I’ll roll back. But not this time. I’ve never enjoyed driving SCS trucks, because RTA trucks are better.
                  I’ve made a couple of parts mods for SCS Peterbilt 389 and W900 (exhaust, aircleaner, etc) and driven about 3000 miles in v1.40 and it’s great.

You guys have certainly been catching up quicker over the last few years. Good stuff.

Administrator
                  Keymaster

I do not think that SCS trucks are bad. The game is configured for weak computers and we need to make trucks more suitable for play. Our trucks are more detailed and heavy models and are designed for an average computer – a modern computer. It is not correct to compare models, because they have different tasks …
                    If you take a closer look at the latest SCS models, you can see that the weight of the model is very close to that of RTA trucks.
                    We do not deliberately separate the cockpit and chassis in order to better control the model’s weight and conduct stress testing of the game.
                    detailing is a priority for us. We live in 2021 and computers are able to make the game enjoyable, even with a model weight of 1,000,000 – 2,000,000 polygons

room217au
                    Participant

yeah, the original T908 was insane. 73Mb interior!
                      Over the last 12mths or so I’ve been learning how to edit those models, with great success. This process increased my enjoyment of RTA trucks/trailers.
                      My opinion of the SCS trucks was not meant to be derogatory. One of the things I love about RTA trucks is the array of accessories available that SCS trucks don’t have. Only two other trucks I’ve had (Viper’s 389 and RJL’s Scania) offered that level of upgrade options. The other great thing is you guys offer trucks that nobody else makes.
                      Looking forward to 1.40 updates 🙂

Administrator
                      Keymaster

It is worth noting that all the models we have on sale were released from 2015 to 2018, and what happened to the models at that time was some kind of chaos. It took more than a year to more or less fix everything. models to play and customize fps.t908 is still the heaviest model. Many new parts will be added to the t908 in the near future and this truck will be much more interesting than it is now.
                        We have never sold new models and the 379 is the first model to go on sale in the last 2 years. Although the 379 is a development from 2018-2019, but it is made very well and this truck will probably have the richest equipment.

Waiting mods for 1.40 can be disappointing. There are a lot of changes in the game and all trucks will have minor bugs. Every day, some flaws and distortions appear. The game has not been configured yet, but I think that SCS will need a few more updates to configure the game like this as they planned. I expect a lot of nasty little things to happen with textures and materials in 1.40, because the game will be customizable and a lot to be overlooked.

room217au
                        Participant

I am patient for updates 🙂 Take your time, it’s worth it for all of us.
                          I know you guys use ZModeller for SCS models and I don’t know how that application handles shader presets, but a senior modder at SCS Forums has released an updated version of the Blender Tools presets file already.
                          The last update to ATS was a couple of days ago and for me it was a gigabyte. All of that was map-related from reading the patch notes. It seems to me that the public release of 1.40 is near.

Administrator
                          Keymaster

We use ZModeler and Blender
                            All trucks have long been reconfigured for 1.40. But with the last two updates, there were probably new changes that needed to be reconfigured. There is no information about all the changes. All official information – guess, find and fix it yourself 🙂

room217au
                            Participant

hahahahaha Yep.

I edited the K200 to work with 1.40 but I am not not knowledgable enough with Blender and materials to be able to fix the mirror reflections.
                              Is okay though. The W900 is almost like driving 908.
                              Almost 😉

Administrator
                              Keymaster

Edit the material of the mirrors manually. It takes 2 minutes;-)

room217au
                                Participant

Manually?
                                  Yeah I don’t think I’ll be messin’ around with that 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.